Thursday 19 December 2013

El Busto.

A pretty normal day, a 4 hour dash at work then home in the horrid weather casing the north west at the mo with sprinkles of rain, hale and blasting winds with the bitter cold of a frosted lemon. This kind of maniac outdoors and no days off I think has effected my brain. Well, it's either that or I just cannot win.

Once at home I look at my PokerStars account. On Monday I made $25 before going to poker at the pub where I turned £10 into £75, Tuesday, that online number went from $42 down to $20 and Wednesday, even further down to a mere $10, tonight I kept going and eventually went to deposit $20 which then, overplayed down to $7. At this moment I then decided to play on my iPad to improve concentration, I entered a $1.50 Sit & Go. Whilst playing this SNG I wasn't failing, nor was I winning, however that stupid phone mass went down down my street AGAIN. This happens so often that of course I have a back up plan, my T-Mobile dongle so within 15mins at the price of £2 I was back online...but...what...what's happening??...why am I not being reunited with my game??? At some point during my internet failure I seem to have lost my place in my SNG, so short of bankroll and I have lost my SNG without even having a say!! Poker is supposed to be about decision making and this was not my decision. That was plain unlucky.

I decided that since I had spent £2 on the internet and even though by this point the last thing I wanted to do was play poker, I played poker. I thought it would be an awful idea. I kept to a 5c/10c cash game with the thought that the worst thing is I'll lose $4 but could get a milestone hand. Neither of those things happened, I made it up to $9 giving me my $10 bankroll back :) and Sexy Socialite by Chromeo is on the radio, so I can go to bed not ecstatic, but not losing the will to live! Which is good enough for me. I think that should be good enough for too.

@AntoniaChigurh


No comments:

Post a Comment