Thursday 12 December 2013

Concentration counts! Tourney style.

I watched one of Felix Schneiders' grinding it up vids on YouTube with his oh so cute Christmas donkey. Oh course the man has Hold'em Manager, probably a good idea since I have my own Hold'em manager which consists of a thick hard back note pad and video recording on my phone. This kind of stone-age style date capture takes real concentration and yes makes me very dull, but we can't change that, I'm more fun than you think...I whittled down to very little and thought 'fine, I'll get my Hold'em manager material out!'. It works, trust me (and if you trust me remember to trust Isaac Haxton too ;)), all I do is as soon as anyone does anything remotely interesting, and I'm literally talking anything from raising 2BB, take no time over this jot down name- raise by "bb, name callers, flop, raises/checks, the whole deal and what is revealed if anything. On my hands where I do nanny thing like that I record it on my phone, no time for me to be writing whilst thinking!

The way this works for me is by writing everything down, it means I've taken it in and it's hard to get distracted. Obviously you can't do this if you're playing more than one table at a time. I found myself making some really good decision though like folding KAo preflop as it's all about what your fellow players have. Unfortunately I got lazy, got moved tables to have someone majorly bluff me big time, they then put a fish <'))X (something like that) in the chat box and there I sat, like some cross child when their parents take their favourite toy off then, no fair. Or another kid makes fun of them...that's a better example.

Officialpokerrankings.com says my last tourney win was $18 on 2nd December. This cash isn't up there yet so I can't say exactly how many runners there were this time but I think it was over 2k and I ended in 250th position for a tiny $5.88. Better than nothing. But I'll have to try harder at sucking the fun out of poker next time :) serious shit we got here!

Getting back on the text book too, this will do me no good as it's poker for dummies and published about 10 years ago :/ and we ALL know keeping current is key in poker. So it will be more of a reference. But I will be trying out new things.

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment