Sunday 15 December 2013

Top to the bottom.

I get up this morning, get the blender out and mix some oats, soya and raspberries, a breakfast of some fit athlete or something. Or in my case just an avid poker player. I get all my things out: iPad, phone, note pad, poker for dummies book and get to I work on the 'the hot $3.30 (turbo) 6k guarantee' I went up managed to double my chips then having a player to my right with a wide calling and betting range, I decided to sit a lot of hands out and then an hour and 20minutes in we have 4 new players to our table, one with 38k in chips, by this point I have managed to make my way up just about average again to 9k. I didn't have much idea about this guy as he'd just sat down minutes before which makes me about as smart as a tea cup on this one. The stakes are 250/500 and I'm in the small blind with Q7spades, and he is just over half way round. The player bets 3BB, I had a good feeling so I called. The flop showed Q J Q, I bet 4BB, the player then raises to 6BB pushing me to make a fairly quick decision to put the other few hundred chips I had in too, so I'm all in, he shows T8c, there are no clubs just a straight draw. I thought he would have had at least a jack, but to my shock and horror he gets a 9 on the river, a flipping 9!! I couldn't help thinking I hadn't summoned this as I kept saying 'NO 9!!' repeatedly. A horrible moment, I had that awful awful stress feeling straight after, if you lose and it literally is 'I might get this' then it's kind of okay, but with a hand like that UUURRRGGHH!!

Well, I suppose the idea is, try again, but not straight after, the risk of tilting is far too great. However, after this terrible mishap, I then got the fantastic news that I have passed my dental nursing exam that I took yesterday woo! Almost qualified and all of a sudden, the balance is restored :).

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment