Monday 15 April 2013

Heads-up!

I have never played heads-up games in my life. I avoid them like the plague as I am always second. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride I think the saying goes. Then...I log onto PKR and they have this heads-up challenge thingy on the go where you need to enter as many heads-up sit & gos and win as many of them in a row as humanly possible for big prizes! I'm not too fussed about this as I don't think I can win, that's not very good thinking I know. However what I did think was that I never do this and I have been looking for ways to both improve my game and start to really enjoy poker again, which is why I have been cheating on Hold'em with as many other poker games as I can find.

I set myself up with my own challenge, the challenge where if I completely fail and I hate everything in life because of it then I don't have to do it ever again. After all, you can't dislike something until you have tried it. My challenge was to complete 10 heads-up sit & gos with $1.50 and $3.50 buy-ins not being fussed as to whether they were speed or standard blind structures. I created a tally chart to show my results and the results aren't actually that bad. I won 6 and lost 4 meaning I made no loss at all. Plus I quite like heads-up, it's nice and short so I can complete a game in no time, I made $6 before 8am this morning on my way to work. Plus you only have to focus on one playing style. Plus I found out I really need to work on playing against tight players, they don't do anything!! Aggressive players seem quite easy to deal with, you just have to act back on them with some good cards, it's like having an argument with a lot of shouting. But like with any game in poker, you have to have the last word.

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment