Wednesday 27 March 2013

Greed

We all get it, everyone at some point in there life whether it be who gets the last Yorkshire pudding, or winning that large sum of money in a poker tournament. But what do we do when we have it all? I saw Angelina Jolie of the news two days ago in the Congo or somewhere. She was helping women who were victims of rape with the children who were the result of that doing. Then we have others who throw their money around like there's no tomorrow. This all came to mind when I was getting my fix of my newest poker craze, no not open face Chinese, Courchevel! Did I really need to say it again?...yes.

I cannot imagine what I would be like if I had all the money in the world but poker has taught me that if I'm not having fun, I just get greedy and lose. Yesterday was the fine example of how I went up to $85 then dropped down to $20. So today I had to put some rules in place before I started. I was terrified of clicking the 'seat me' button again with it's forced higher level stakes. Knowing that a real good time would be on the cards I had to say if I lose my $10, go to bed, if I make it to more than $20, dropping down to $20 makes it bed time. If I manage over $30, leave, and the maximum stay was 35mins to finish at 11pm. I broke the rules slightly when I got to $37 and stayed until 11pm dropping to $32. So, no one was hurt, myself I mean, and I made a cool $22, bringing my bankroll to a swift $40, yay for low stakes eh?

What I learnt is I am extremely greedy, Where do I stop? I want more action and more money all the time through the happy medium of playing poker. I now know why everyone loves PokerStars, I love it because it brings me all the games I want and games = action = money.

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment