Tuesday 26 March 2013

Courchevel

I begin my day abnormally as I get up on time at 6am, unlike my usual snooze for 10-15mins. I am later bombarded with bin bags that are needing to be taken outside as we have a flat inspection at 4pm. I will not be present for this though it has effected the idea of me playing any sort of poker game for the past couple of days, oh no! Oh yes. I go to work as usual, working with the dental therapist was only fantastic because we share such good conversation...but all I want to do is go home and find out what the hell Courchevel is....this beautiful word describing a variation of Omaha.

Finally I am leaving the dental practice at 5:30pm after many exciting patients, bringing with them a range of mouths. I'm tired when I get home so I snooze and finally shake myself up and onto my computer by 8:30 with a glass of water to quench the thirst of the mind. Cour-chev-el...I deposit $10 to my PokerStars account, hoping I will find a 5c/10c cash game. I am shocked, there is none, I don't know what to do, my mind goes into overdrive thinking of how much of an amateur I am, I can't possibly play 10c/25c...or can I? I then discussed it over with myself that £6.60 is not a lot to lose, this is a brand spanking new shiney golden thing that sits in front of me with a fancy name, and girls like shiney golden fancy things. So I give it a whirl, it's so much fun, I had a really good run, made $67 then $86, so I think, I'll get it to $100 then give it a rest. Did I get that far? Hell, you'd have a better chance of a fish surviving a shark attack (keeping in with poker of course). I whittled down to the tiny $10 I started with. It was fun and I do want to try it again but my luck seemed to be the only thing keeping it going. After a while I would get, what I thought was, the nuts, then get kicked down by a better card.

However I did try Full Tilt again, thinking I may have been on it, it was so cool!

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment