Tuesday 28 May 2013

Near win but not quite

It seems that recently I am spending loads of money of poker and not getting anything back. I realise once again that cash games aren't my strong point and that tourneys are a hell of a lot more fun especially when you pop the money bubble. Of course, where would the fun be in poker if you never won anything? Truth be told, I would never play if I never won. And I think that goes for more than almost everyone.

Yesterday I decided since I was low on money that I would go for super micro stakes sit & gos. I found 10¢ 360 player sit & gos on Pokerstars; perfect. I must have played 3 or 4 of them in total, lasting at least an hour each time bit never cashed. Each time hitting a brilliant hand but not coming out with the goods on the other side. You had to finish in the top 36 to be payed and on the last go I hit 39 and realised I should probably pack it in for the day. I was however off work for having a migraine so I really shouldn't have been acing my computer monitor anyway.

Because I played poker and spent £170 on a leather jacket and now sit in Crewe train station again with a painful head feeling slightly guilty I took the day off yesterday. Oh well. Here's to concentration...I just wish the guy sitting next to me would stop tapping his foot on the ground whilst reading the paper. My head is banging.

@AntoniaChigurh

No comments:

Post a Comment